General Lag Question

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support General Lag Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jasonl8446
    Participant

Hi everyone! I am new here/to Minetest in general

I have a few questions pertaining to lag in mesecraft

1. One of the biggest things that causes lag is the dynamic liquid mod. I move the dynamic liquid mod folder manually every time I update mesecraft, is there a way to disable it without moving the folder manually?

2. Df caverns has a mine_gas that causes a lot of lag, do you have any suggestions for this? I could not find any config items for this. One thing was thinking of seeing if there is a way to make the gas disappear after a minute or so, similar to how the gas that comes from torches disappears. (At least I think it does)

For anyone else reading who has problems with the plasma in the underworld, add this setting to your minetest.conf:

dfcaverns_destructive_pit_plasma = false

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Welcome, good points, and I aim to get these optimized soon. I know the ABMs and smoke/fire/lava is a bit out of control but the dynamic they add is fun too.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

I can check for a switch that could be added to the software that could detect the config and turn off dynamic liquids.

jasonl8446
    Participant

That would be cool, I do like the dynamic liquid mod, but when the server is not functional, it is not something I can use.

Just curious, how would you optimize it? Since my understanding is that ABMs are single core, and that is a problem with the minetest engine.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

I’d have to go through the code and try to minimize it’s functionality to the essentials and try to optimize when it runs or adjust timers.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Not sure If i had the chance to say this yet, but welcome to Mesecraft 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.