Lag picking up items on MacOS

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support Lag picking up items on MacOS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adude
    Participant

Hi. I’ve been experiencing this for a bit, and couldn’t find any direct mention of it here on the forum or as an issue in Github.

Picking up stuff is frequently quite laggy, taking 1-2 seconds, sometimes 5 or more, which is a bit frustrating. I’ve been playing only locally, with an OK machine (2021 Macbook), so it shouldn’t be a performance issue.

I’m using Minetest 5.6.1 (OSX) and Mesecraft 2022-06-30, apparently the most recent I can get from Contentdb.

Is this a known issue? Should I try to install a more recent/dev version directly from Github? Thanks!

Kiopy7
    Participant

This is a known issue on the servers if you are near lava or fire. Mesecraft itself is extremely laggy, no matter how good your pc or other device you are playing with. We are trying to add more performance enhancing mods and changes.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

I think the lava thing is due to smoke processing and liquid processing.  His post was held up in moderation and I just approved it. @adude sorry for not seeing it sooner.

adude
    Participant

Thanks for the info, that explains it. I’ll keep an eye up to new versions, and maybe check if there’s something I can contribute with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.