New to Mesecraft

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion General New to Mesecraft

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    brokencircle
    Participant

Been trying out Mesecraft and I have questions…

What is a mese?

Where are all the mobs? I’ve been playing for about an in game week total and I have only encountered 2 chickens, a few villagers, and two skeletons. Why are there so few that spawn?

I was in creative mode testing all the spawn eggs why do some not work (mainly related to seasonal mobs)

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Seasonal mobs run a date and time check on spawn to see of theyre in season. Not the best way to do this, but i havent come up with a working alternative to check time and date before the mob spawn parameters is defined.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Mob spawns are too low. Ive gotten a few complaints in regards to this and i will up it soon. Just been extraordinarily busy recently. Itll be fixed asap.

brokencircle
    Participant

Perfectly understandable I hope all goes well.

Can you tell me what a Mese is?

Kiopy7
    Participant

Welcome to Mesecraft! And also welcome to Minetest as well! Mese is a type of crystal located underground and can be used to as electricity

carzomg
    Participant

Not seeing many players recently.

Kiopy7
    Participant

You’re probably just coming on on the wrong time, because whenever I come on there are usually at least 5 people playing.

komodo
    Participant

It can slow down a bit sometimes. The busiest times of year for the game are probably Winter break and Summer. I’ve been really busy lately with my personal life and will resume updates within a couple weeks. Been focused on the lore, space, art style, and bugfixes.

keihdra
    Participant

Keep up the good work Komodo.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Mese is an alien (foreign material) ore that is valuable. That is how it will be according to the lore at least. Energy source and maybe some special alloy material.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Also, the eggs season are not working because the hacky way I implemented seasonal mobs. When they spawn they instantly do a check to see what the date is. if its not xmas time, they disappear.  It was the only way I could figure out how to make mobs seasonal without requiring server reboots during the holidays. I’m hoping there’s a better and more effcicient way eventually.  People have complained about a low mob rate. that should be improved for sure.

senordmt
    Participant

hey what the f happened to my post? i was editing it after it was already posted, as the forum allows, and when i hit submit it now disappeared. this happened to me the other day too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.