Reply To: Content DB and additional mods

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Suggestions Content DB and additional mods Reply To: Content DB and additional mods

komodo
Participant

Hi,

You should feel free to customize MeseCraft on your PC however you like. You can add technic via content DB easily. However, I don’t think I’ll add it back into the game. It was in there before but it simply add’s too much focus on local automation. When I removed it a lot of players were a bit upset by that, but it simply makes the game more focused on exploration and crafting. I don’t like to automate things in the game too much because then there is no need for the player to play the game anymore. There is the game Factorio for total automation games. MeseCraft is focused more on exploration, crafting, and fun, but we’ll see how it ends up as it is updated. I don’t mind adding machines, but it can also make the game way too easy. It turns it more into a circuitry game, not a world exploration game.

Yes, the dependencies on ContentDB is autogenerated.

Music is in the game, you can add it to the mods/ folder to manually enable it, I like it, but it makes players take too long to load into our server, and Android devices cannot currently load the game with Music enabled.

Lorebooks will be added soon to add story and narratives into the game to tell more lore about the world.