Reply To: Early game suggestions

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Suggestions Early game suggestions Reply To: Early game suggestions

gd2shoe
Participant

I don’t have any hands-on experience with bees.  I know more about the topic than I have any reason to, but I’m certainly no expert.

The above recipes should be a piece of cake.  That doesn’t mean that they will be, per se.  I think it’s just a matter of fixing the names, inserting the recipes, and testing the thing.

I will probably go back to tinkering with bees soon then.  I was trying to get listring (shift-click) working, and it was proving to require a more extensive alteration than I anticipated.  That, frankly, should be seen as mandatory for nodes that require semi-frequent removal and insertion of items.  I’ve got it most of the way, but I want to make sure I’m not introducing new bugs before submitting it.

(I hate making code uglier in order to make it functional, but the api leaves me no choice.  It’s a limitation of listring.  I don’t understand why this is in the formspec and not handled as an action.  The render client doesn’t need to know where items are going; the server has to move the items anyway; and there’d be more flexibility if handling the shift-click event it was taken out of the DDL and moved into a callback.  [end rant])

I’m OK with candles burning out, but they should also offer something more unique than torches if they are to be included. I haven’t figured this one out.

Touché.  Near as I can tell, candles are currently very expensive torches that don’t burn out.  All I’m really proposing to do is make them somewhat less expensive (but still much more costly than torches), and make them accessible earlier in the game.  I agree with your sentiment, but I don’t have a good answer yet, either.

Oh, and bottles of honey crunch when you eat them.  Enjoy…  😆