Reply To: T.H.R.I.V.E.

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion General T.H.R.I.V.E. Reply To: T.H.R.I.V.E.

odie
Participant

First of all: Sorry that I have not reported for so long time in the forum. I’ve been under a lot of stress lately and it’s only gotten a little better now. I will probably gradually work my way through all the news and messages in the forum. Of course, provided that I can continue to spare time for the forum.

Last night I took a look at the forum before going to sleep and found out that T.H.R.I.V.E. is now coordinating its projects. (By the way: I think this is a great thing. If not urgent or even indispensable if you want to develop a village with several players). Anyway, I had read about the coordination only after I had built the small white market hall in Barrowston. I would need some feedback on this matter if the hall can stay there.The hall is currently protected by a protector and CARZOMG is not yet added as a member. I will change that.

Maybe this is not necessary in case Fency vending machines are automatically protected by their owner which I don’t know. In this case I could simply remove the protection block and make it possible for other players to expand the market hall and place their own vending machines. Extending the market hall so far that other players can have their protection areas adjacent would of course also be a possibility.

Two things about the market hall: Since vending machines are quite expensive (at least for me) it would be good to know which goods might be in demand in Barrowston.

The other thing is that I didn’t know exactly where to connect the elevated walkway to the market to the other elevated walkways in Barrowston. My suggestion would be the balcony of the library.

Also, I can offer to rework the buildings and / or elevated walkways in Barrowston as and when the opportunity arises. In the case of the buildings, this would mean that I might change the materials but keep the dimensions. In addition, I would need for the revision of the roofs a concrete approval of slope blocks since these would change the appearance strongly. And then there would be the question if we want to keep the current style of the buildings (use of gray and red stone) or give Barrowston a completely new coat of paint. Or a mixture of both solutions? My suggestion would be to keep the ‘traditional’ style for the generated buildings and their existing and upcoming extensions and to make new, especially public buildings a bit more colorful. But of course these are only suggestions.

For a revision of the elevated walkways, I would need approval to change the width and / or the courses of the elevated walkways, if necessary. (The courses would be changed of course only where it is necessary or advisable). Lastly, there would be the question of whether Barrowston should receive at-grade streets and plazas in addition to the elevated trails. In case this is not the case, at least some of the ground level doors could get removed.

In Ale Post all players are welcome to participate in the completion of the city wall. I would only ask you to keep the existing style (or consult with me) (the battlements are still missing) and to protect the added sections of the wall. If the protection blocks are built into the wall, as long as the wall exists in this form, it will be obvious who is the noble donor of this wall section. 🙂 I also ask to note that the cemetery is in need of expansion.

The expensive vending machines and the provision of purchase offers on the Kings market are two of the reasons why I am mostly in money trouble and therefore only slowly progressing with the construction of a protected wall.

If you want to set up a store or a house (or whatever) in Ale Post, please don’t feel discouraged by my building activities there. I only ask to consider that straight and wide streets are better passable and free places and gardens contribute to a pleasant loosening of the townscape. Of course, consulting me first would be the most ideal solution. However, I am aware that this is rather difficult (especially at the moment).

Maybe one or the other player has already noticed that I recently built a house with tips for smartphone users. I met a player a while ago who seemed quite interested but had difficulties with the most basic things like inventory management and the use of doors and boxes. This player had then removed some doors in my mine in my absence to get back to the surface. My research showed that there is a Minetest manual for smartphone users on MinetestEDU in German but probably not in English. (https://wiki.minetest.net/MinetestEDU/de/Erste_Nutzung_von_Minetest_am_Mobilgerät)

So I built this building (northwest in Ale Post). I would appreciate feedback regarding comprehensibility and spelling.

The upper (northern) part of Ale Post has always been rather the orphan in my efforts. CARZOMG had connected some buildings there by elevated walkways and I wanted to adopt the idea since especially new and inexperienced players (and probably smartphone users) are surely grateful for areas at spawn that are as safe as possible. Although I had reworked the Kings Market there once but then got stuck in the new construction of the public smelter. The elevated path there needs to be reworked and might cost some additional protection blocks. For the church there I already had the idea to consecrate it to MeseAdmin so that new players can pray and ask there, of course in silence, for privileges and free stuff. 😉 On the last server (Portbarrow) maybe there was a need for it.

If I will have much time I will also build a real residential house in Ale Post. (No, this is a warehouse in which I have made myself at home. 🙂 ) Maybe I’ll build it in front of the city walls of Ale Post.

I also had the idea to build a guild house for the merchants with branches in Ale Post and to found a merchant guild. In the guild house there would be a public area where you can read on signs who joined the guild when and how much he paid to the guild to join it. The guild members would have access to the closed area through their own protected door. There would be the guild treasury and guild internal announcements (in books or on signs) as well as a trading area where goods can be offered to guild members at special prices via vending machines. From the money of the guild could be financed for example tenders and rewards. (Of course only after a unified decision… and always for the good of the village… and the guild… and especially its members 🙂 )

Economic concerns then also bring me to the topic of Ho. Water (water sources like water in buckets) are rather scarce in Ale Post (which fits quite well since Ale Post is mostly in the savannah.) The way down to the water is rather far compared to Ho where you almost get your feet wet just stepping out of a front door. And when I go down to the water in Ale Post to fill buckets with water, every single filled bucket takes up a single slot in the inventory. So I think Ho is very suitable for scooping and processing water. So I could consider building a saltworks there. (The building, not the pond. I really had trouble translating the word into English. It almost seems like there is no word for the German word “Saline”.) Even better would be a public saltworks where players can use the last minutes of the day to produce salt before the Night Market opens. Also, the deer that fall off the cliff there from time to time provide the village with meat. And especially the bay north of the Night Market has proven to be a good area for fishing (with the sword). There I / you could build a fisherman’s cottage with a wide pier to make fishing even more comfortable. At the latest when production starts there, a branch in or at least near Ho will be advisable for me. That means I would need a store with a warehouse and a small living area somewhere there. If all this is built in the village, the number of buildings there would have doubled.

Also, I think Ho could use some street lights and a high fence for the time being.

Let me know what you guys think about this and what I get clearance for. 🙂

Lastly:

For one thing: A hostel in the village goes down well in any village.

Also: My candle stocks are slowly running out. And red desert stone is also getting scarce and the desert is far away. I don’t even want to talk about my gold stocks. Does anyone need iron? Food? Arrows or crossbow bolts? Oil lamps? Anything? 🙂

If so leave a message on the board. I’ll also recheck the requests on the markets soon.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)