Blueberries and Blueberries

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Suggestions Blueberries and Blueberries

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gd2shoe
    Participant

The game currently has farming:blueberries and default:blueberries.  It’s confusing, and unnecessary.  One of them should be renamed.  Ideas: blackberry, boysenberry, currant, wild berry.

It should be an easy enough fix.  It’s mostly a matter of deciding which to replace, and what to replace it with.  Suggestions?

komodo
    Participant

You’re right and it should be fixed. I think over time, we just move them into farming instead of default and start depending on default less since it’s really not being actively developed or enhanced. Minetest game only gets maintenance updates and feature enhancements, which is fine, but over time, I think i’d be easier to maintain our own farming or crops mods. The berries should have different uses or purposes if they’re to be included. No point in making redudant things that are only different in name or appearance. They should function uniquely or serve a unique purpose. E.g. colors for different dyes as an example or effects from different types of berries.

gd2shoe
    Participant

I think the default blueberries (by whatever name) do provide an interesting change to other crops.  I like to plant a few in hedge rows.  Harvesting them is a pleasant change of pace from soil based crops.  My opinion, it’s just the name conflict that’s at issue.  Though I would be potentially interested in another hedge based fruit or two.  I’m guessing it wouldn’t be hard.

It does seem that far too many crop foods pop up on the same biomes, though.  Typically, you find grassland with one food crop, and you have most of them, along with most farm animals.  It seems unbalanced strongly in favor of players spawned in this biome, and strongly biased against players spawned elsewhere.

There are a few other name conflicts I’ve encountered.  “Fiber” is a big one.  It’s intrinsic in a system of haphazard modification.  But it would help game cohesion to polish some of the rough edges.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.