Bowwich

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion General Bowwich

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    keihdra
    Participant

I know several people are working to build up our new spawn town. Thanks Kip for all your work. I was talking with Menchers last night about starting a city wall. How large do we want to make this city? Do we include Durins abyss inside the city as a public mine/death trap? Menchers also mentioned that we could do a pretty nice harbor. This could be a THRIVE project or just whoever wants. Let’s hear ideas and make Bowwich awesome.

Kiopy7
    Participant

One thing that Odie and I agreed upon before he left is that we won’t have a city wall around the next spawn. The reason why is because that wall will soon fill up with protection blocks and will Ale Post all over again. We have no idea how large the city will grow so having a wall is not a good idea until you can really be sure how large the city will be. One thing that you can do is use bushes to create kind of like a hedge around spawn, then you light up spawn to the point where all monsters spawn outside the hedges.

The harbor however is a good idea, it’s always a good thing for new players to explore and a harbor will encourage that. Durin’s Abyss however is not something which can be deemed a public property unless Durin gives their okay.

Kiopy7
    Participant

Another thing I’d like to add is that this is Spawn, meaning it’s for the new players. While we can make shops and small bases here, we need to remember that the land is set aside for the new players so we should really just let them do with it how they want.

dcmenche
    Participant

Heh… oops? I built a little wall section, then Keihdra liked it and built like 90% of it. Maybe we can just have a lot of nice large gateways in it?

keihdra
    Participant

Oops. I got bored and built a ton of wall. No protection on any of it though. If someone wants to tear it down, my feelings won’t be hurt. I get the idea of wanting it to be for new players though. I’ll stay hands off.

Kiopy7
    Participant

How far away is this wall?

keihdra
    Participant

Far enough to give plenty of room to build, although most of the empty space is on the Qig side. Didn’t feel like cutting a ton of trees on the other side. The east wall is about halfway to bocchus tower and just past Durins abyss.

Kiopy7
    Participant

That is plenty of room for people to build. Thank you for not putting the wall too close to spawn.

senordmt
    Participant

i’ve been in parts of the world where the city was once within a protected wall, but now only small remnants remain, and they’re historic artifacts and tourist attractions.

when i was recently reading Must Test’s posts about his Enyekala/Must Test server, he does not and will not ever erase any of the “history” of the server, so, the wall can simply be left in place as a bit of history, and with no protection, eventually it WILL change, as it does IRL, where villagers reclaim materials to build their own houses, and walls, etc. griefers may have a go at it, and eventually it will resemble some real bonafide ruins.

maybe an admin or some concerned players might want to do a bit of occasional pruning to remove ugly floating blocks for instance, but otherwise let it age and change over time.

some may even build their base beside or just outside of this great wall, or once great wall, as it has been known to happen IRL. people may use part of the wall as a part of their own home, or build directly on it.

a server is a space for people to come together and do the things they love to do in these games, but where there are other real players also in the same world. sometimes you get idiots and griefers, and sometimes u get great builders, but it’s a place where people come to express themselves for others to maybe come across and admire their work, or find friends to collaborate with, etc. in time, this wall may take on a life of its own. or it might not. time will tell.

seeing an abandoned project on the server, just like an old wall which outgrew its initial intention is common throughout our history, and so be it on our virtual world.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.