Collapse of a library at spawn

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support Collapse of a library at spawn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    a5810
    Participant

A library became a ruin at the spawn, even though there was a protector that was protecting the place. What could have happened? Did someone probably destroy it? Could an explosive monster blow it off?

a5810
    Participant

It seems lava could burned things in protected place. It’s late to realize the lava’s power….

keihdra
    Participant

Unfortunately one of the limitations of the protectors is that fire will spread. This is a known problem. If you had a lava block or if a tnt man hit it, it would burn. Being there at spawn it’s possible it was arson as well. I was a fan of the library. If you rebuild, use non-flammable materials.

a5810
    Participant

I’ll make use of the materials then.

keihdra
    Participant

Looks good. I’ll have to add some books to the library.

dcmenche
    Participant

It is possible to insulate a build from fire sources. While fire can spread into a protected area, it can’t be started inside, so you can leave a gap of only non-flammable materials around the inside of the protection. I’ve let tnt mobs go off in my protected area as a test, they still deal damage to players but don’t leave a crater.

I rebuilt the bottom part of the spawn building out of non-flammable material to protect it against lava flowing into the area. For better defense I’ll have to widen the protection, and add a non-flammable roof. Eventually.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.