found not, empty… null chests?

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support found not, empty… null chests?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gentooza
    Participant

Hi!

I’ve played minetest from almost its beginins , I’m fan of mineclone, hades… But I must say it’s true mesecraft is the best!

love all the world there is to explore

The issue I’ve just found is weird, I’ve dig deep, and found a basement with small chambers with white doors, everything caved in the rock (no dungeon kind)
    The problem I face, and I don’t know if it’s intentional, is every chest I find there, is… not empty, is with no slots at all inside.
    If a dig it I can get it and put everywhere, where it will now a true empty chest, with all its slots empty.

Something wrong here?

cheers!

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Hi, thread has been approved. First topics get flagged for review. It’s just for anti-spam purposes, every now and then a spammer gets through so we do that.  Welcome to MeseCraft.com Community!

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Can you get the node name of one of the chests? (hover over it and press F5 debug menu) I suspect maybe it’s the chests in geomoria which are showing up as wood chests with no slots. Need to fix this then. I just want to make sure its not lootpack chests or anything in dfcaverns.

gentooza
    Participant

sure,

it prints:

Minetest 5.6.0 | FPS: 25 | drawtime: 4ms | ftime jitter: 50.8% | view range: 4000 | RTT: 1.00ms

pos: (-403.2, -161.5, -209.9) | yaw: 86.2º West -X | pitch: -36.9º | seed: 12713869386774878746, pointed: default:chest, param2: 0

cheers

mesecraft
    Keymaster

OK.  The depth is -161.5, which should be the abandoned city under the surface. I’m aware of this issue and will attempt to get it fixed for the next major update. I’ll try to replace it with something more interesting. Thanks for reporting it 🙂   Welcome to MeseCraft.com hope you stick around.

gentooza
    Participant

I hope so!

thanks!

Kiopy7
    Participant

There is actually another problem with chests underground. If you find mineshaft there is a chance you can find a chest in it. However, the chest is always empty.

Also, Loot chests like baskets, rune urns, ancient chests, they just don’t seem to spawn now anymore, as they used to spawn at very balanced rate, but now it’s impossible to find them.

komodo
    Participant

Thanks. You’re right. It’s the lootchests too. I just confirmed on the stable server. They’re not spawning right anymore.

Kiopy7
    Participant

Yes! Hopefully you find a way to fix it! Giorge and I have been craving a magic mirror for awhile. Also, I suggest you take a look at my post about the economy, really interesting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.