Giant deserts

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support Giant deserts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dexahtm
    Participant

I spawned in a little village, but there were no trees around, so i just kept walking in one direction and it never ends. It is just a big giant desert.

Also there is no mobs. Is this part of the game or did i configure my server wrong? I walked around at night, no mobs spawned.

dexahtm
    Participant

Ok so a icy slime just mangled me to death. After like what felt like 20 mins of walking. Shouldn’t mobs spawn more frequently..? Can i increase it?

dexahtm
    Participant

Well i just found a forest with tons of mobs. What’s the deal witht the big empty land?

gd2shoe
    Participant

Hey, you got desert!  I usually get tundra.

The game tends to be sparse on mobs the first night, especially if you keep moving.  tends to be…

You should be able to find villages.  They’re easier to see at night (except in the desert?)  You’ve probably walked past half a dozen of them or more without realizing it.

I play singleplayer (I add and remove mods as I please).  And the more I play, the more I realize MeseCraft is intended for multiplayer servers.  If you find you can’t enjoy singleplayer, you might want to check out the servers.

(I find that early game MeseCraft is probably harder than it ought to be.  IMO)

dexahtm
    Participant

I actually started a server with my friends and spawned in a village. Turns out to the left there was an awesome plains right next to an “apple forest”.

Also, would you happen to know what the stat bar under the armor bar is? I just made a post about that.

gd2shoe
    Participant

I’m long overdue to play with magic stuff.  I’m pretty sure that’s mana.

dexahtm
    Participant

Ok, thanks! It looks like it, purple is quite magick-y

komodo
    Participant

It’s also the most fun part. I’m sure some people wash out and don’t come back sadly but a lot get through the beginning and start running out of challenges and the game gets stale, which is a challenge ewe need to address as a project and come up with some ideas.

Spawns are pretty random in terms of which biome you’ll get. I prefer apple biomes myself. I think I balanced alot of the mob spawns around the apple and some other forest biomes. So they might be more common in some, but I tried to add mobs to all biomes and unique to their environments. In the future, I’d really like to add more unique biomes and villages, societies, and people to the game.

Also, I try to account for people who play MeseCraft in singleplayer mode too. It’s not just multiplayer, but multiplayer is the primary focus usually. However, everything *should* work fine in SP. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.