Irregular server performance

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support Irregular server performance

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    carzomg
    Participant

Cherryedge Meadow missing some buildings but glass and chests intact. Barrowston seems unaffected. Logging off and relogging on does not correct. Please advise. Thanks.

carzomg
    Participant

Same issue just happened with Springland Hills, one Day market bldg and one farm garden affected. Not player griefing. Server program needs to be checked. I’ve replanted garden and rebuilt outer walls with red cobble still needs roof.

komodo
    Participant

Sounds like it could have been burnt down if it was all wood. Fires can be started through protection right now. That will probably be updated and fixed in the future. Someone could have griefed it, try not too build with too much wood on places that bad players can reach.

Maybe things are catching on fire or lightning strikes are doing it. I will need more information and testing.  Also with the server performance, just watch out for things that have particle effects like void chests and too many nether portals in one area, the particles they spawn as a visual effect cause lag. I hope that helps. Let me know.

carzomg
    Participant

It doesn’t appear to be fire or griefing, in both cases Cherryedge and Springland buildings and farm gardens were gone wood and plants complete. Fire usually leaves some blocks as for griefing, it’s much easier getting wood from trees. No chests or portals in these areas. You may be correct but I suspect a glitch in the program. Thanks for following up.

carzomg
    Participant

Btw, I was in the library building checking village guides for about 10 minutes when the disappearance occurred in Springland Hill. Completed roof.

odie
    Participant

Some time ago I was in the depths under the ice caves. There I came across escaping gas. The idea with the escaping gas I think is quite good but unfortunately the gas causes extreme lags after some time.

Kiopy7
    Participant

Yeah, this has been part of the game for some time, only people with really buff computers are able to handle it.

komodo
    Participant

Hmm.. I havent heard of gas causing lag. But I’ve seen gas in shafts. It could be the amount of processing involved with something about them. abm’s or movement calculations.

carzomg
    Participant

Last login, red error messages whenever moving armor and no smoke rising from forest fire.

carzomg
    Participant

Smoke appears as you move from one side of the village to the other, so that may be just a distance issue but the red error messages when removing or replacing armor continue. ERROR [Main] Insufficient element (10).

carzomg
    Participant

Error correction ‘Invalid model element (10).

komodo
    Participant

@carzomg Do you have shadows enabled in Minetest?

carzomg
    Participant

Idk, haven’t made any changes that i’m aware of.

carzomg
    Participant

If you mean Shaders, no.

carzomg
    Participant

Still getting red error [Main] messages.

keihdra
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is related to carzomg’s armor bug, but I found something that was weird today. I was sitting in a chair without my armor and while I was sitting in the chair I put my armor on. I was then able to leave the chair without clicking on the chair, but just by moving forward. When I did this, my view was from half height instead of full height. I was able to correct it in game by sitting in the chair again. I was able to reproduce this. Didn’t get any error messages or anything, just thought it was interesting.

Kiopy7
    Participant

Yeah, it has nothing to do with Carz’s armor bug and in fact has nothing to do with the server either as the mod the chair comes from is at fault. This bug has lasted for years and probably won’t be fixed for some time.

komodo
    Participant

OK. I’ll try to fix it when I can. I’ve been very busy lately and am dealing with a lot. Still getting some changes done in the unstable branch but its not pushed yet. Hang in there. Keep the reports coming.

keihdra
    Participant

Not sure what’s going on, but the main server is nearly unplayable today. I move ten steps forward and it takes me back to where I started. Ended up getting killed by a zombie in a Halloween costume and now I can’t even get back to where my bones are. The entire section won’t load….

keihdra
    Participant

Restarted my computer, my anger is gone 😁

Kiopy7
    Participant

Yeah, I had the same exact thing happen to me yesterday, don’t know what is wrong or where the lag is coming from.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

I had it freeze on me yesterday but I figured it was my PC, has I had just updated it and it was running very slowly until restarting.

Anyways, I just restarted the server. Maybe try again now, let me know if it continues.

keihdra
    Participant

Worked much better today. Thanks

carzomg
    Participant

Armor error messages still appear, not affecting game play.

keihdra
    Participant

Having lots of lag issues today. Doesn’t seem to matter which computer I’m using….

mesecraft
    Keymaster

i shut down the testing server, freed up some memory, maybe that will help. let’s see. Let me know in an hour or two. It could just be busy on the server our server is on. (we have “neighbor” servers on the same hardware other people run)

mesecraft
    Keymaster

I’ve been considering adding a testing minetest-server on a new server online that is not ran on the same hardware as “stable”

Kiopy7
    Participant

I’m also experiencing lag, and that’s extremely rare for me unless I’m near lava.

keihdra
    Participant

Much better today. Thanks

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.