Notabug is Mediocre at best

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support Notabug is Mediocre at best

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    exevirus
    Participant

Hello, This is mostly aimed at Komodo:

I have gone through the process of setting up my Notabug account, made a fork, cloned the repo, built against latest, found a bug, made a branch, pushed to my repo, and currently notabug is failing miserably at making a pull request for the change.

I understand the appreciation for not github, but why not gitlab then? Gitlab CE is open source and quite powerful, and is essentially all this project would ever need – such that if gitlab were to die in the future, Mesecraft could just host its own instance…

Just spitballing solutions to notabug, because it’s been finicky all day as I’ve gone through this process.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

FYI,

I’ve been thinking about this as you’re not the first person to say this to me. When I made the repository, I didn’t know much about git. I still don’t. I mainly chose notabug because 1.) I liked the simplified UI, it was easy to navigate for me 2.) TenPlus1 used it, and I liked his mods starting out my modding. 3.) It aligned with FOSS really well. However, the feedback is piling up and I think it might be beneficial to consider changing this to a better git. I’m still learning git as we go and am by no means an expert on this.

I don’t understand a lot of the features that come with changing to a better one and am simply going to imitate what the Minetest project uses, which is GitHub. I hope there is not a conflict of interest in this with Microsoft but if there are ethical dilemmas with this, I’m open ears.

For now, I think it would allow more developers to contribute to MeseCraft by switching use to GitHub. Unfortunately it is the standard right now in Minetest and MeseCraft needs manpower and contributions over time, and I think switching to this platform will make it more accessible for many software contributes.

I’m in the process of switching over everything to:

https://github.com/MeseCraft/MeseCraft

I would appreciate some feedback. Also, apologies for the delay, as I’ve been very sick lately but am significantly better now 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.