Request to Change Spawn

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support Request to Change Spawn

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kiopy7
    Participant

At the moment, if you spawn into the Official Mesecraft Survival server, you’ll find the entire place you just spawned is completely destroyed. Wanna get some wood? Turns out every single forest near spawn has been either chopped down or burned down. Wanna explore? Bam! You just got killed by a savvannah slime. Wanna build a house near town? Sorry, the entire place is either uninhabitable or every piece of land has been protected.

These and many more reasons is why I want to change spawn. I know you wanted to wait so that you can ask Odie but the guy hasn’t been on for months, and with the shape spawn is in right now, we desperately need a change. I don’t care where you put it, we just want somewhere to spawn in and not see a war scene.

keihdra
    Participant

The only problem with moving spawn is that it is still open for griefing. Unless safeguards are put in place to prevent fire spread, and lava and water bombing, moving spawn is useless.

Kiopy7
    Participant

I know that it is still open too griefing, it’s just that it would be a lot easier to move spawn than to be stuck with the one we got.

carzomg
    Participant

How about underwater? I agree not to wait for Odie.

Kiopy7
    Participant

Lol,I think An underwater spawn would be hilarious but very inconvenient.

keihdra
    Participant

Oooo, underwater could be lots of fun. Put it deep enough that you nearly die getting to the surface. Lots of potential.

giorge
    Participant

I have made an underwater dome in one of the previous versions of the server. Kiopy knows and has seen it. It is painfully hard to make plus it ruins the ocean afterwards due to the weird water physics we have. In our current mesecraft I made a papyrus farm on the river near spawn. Took my half an hour to make it and one and a half more to fix the river from random water sources.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forums, @giorge

carzomg
    Participant

Under an ice surface?

giorge
    Participant

I have a fear the water will rise over the ice layer. Not sure if water freezes in this server. My thought is just it will be messy afterwards that’s why I am insisting that much. It isn’t impossible to make it perfect, but it will require time and effort.

carzomg
    Participant

I think I’ll make an underwater base, just in case.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Sounds good to me. Just put me on the protectors please. “MeseAdmin”

Kiopy7
    Participant

A good way to ensure that nobody can grief the spawn but also make sure that they won’t be bombarded with mobs the second they spawn is to put it underground. All you have to do is decorate it, light up really well, then protect every bit of it. Then you can set up an elevator.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.