Slime block behavior error

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion Support Slime block behavior error

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gnou
    Participant

Hello,

My child recently stumbled upon a fatal error where the game crashes upon launch:

AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod ‘slimes’ in callback luaentity_Step(): ….minetest/games/mesecraft/mods/MODULES/mobs_redo/api.lua:465: attempt to call field ‘set_animation’ (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    ….minetest/games/mesecraft/mods/MODULES/mobs_redo/api.lua:465: in function ‘set_animation’
    …test/games/mesecraft/mods/MODULES/slimes/slimes/uber.lua:225: in function ‘uber_slime_anim’
    …test/games/mesecraft/mods/MODULES/slimes/slimes/uber.lua:89: in function ‘do_custom’
    ….minetest/games/mesecraft/mods/MODULES/mobs_redo/api.lua:3537: in function <….minetest/games/mesecraft/mods/MODULES/mobs_redo/api.lua:3429>

Unfortunately the child isn’t of age to be able to explain how this bug happened, so I couldn’t tell you how to reproduce it.

On the other hand it was rather easy to fix (just change mobs.set_animation(ent, “move”) to mobs:set_animation(ent, “move”)  at line 225 in slimes/uber.lua) but I figured I’d share here.

Thank you for a great game!

PS: probably irrelevant, but that’s Minetest 5.7 on Elementary OS 5 (Linux 5.4.0-150-generic kernel).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.