Spam bot

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion General Spam bot

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    keihdra
    Participant

Is there a way to report or get rid of a suspected spam bot? There is a player that has been playing recently at at times seems like a normal player, but then all of a sudden starts spamming nonsense and sometimes vulgar stuff. I just ignore it, but I was on with my kid tonight and they started reading some of the stuff and I had to shut it down.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Yes, I can look into it. When did this happen? I Can check logs. Any keywords they used that will help me find the chat messages? I have to search the logs.

keihdra
    Participant

I sent you an email with some screenshots, but it’s been happening on and off for about a week. Almost every day.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

OK. Yeah that looks weird. I can remove that user’s chat privileges. They may need to be logged in for me to do it. But I’ll see what I can do.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

Antrica, you cannot troll that stuff maliciously in this game server. This game is hosted for a general audience and your messages are intended to create a hostile and lewd environment to hurt and upset other players. That is not in-line with the culture and goals of this project and community.

Antrica’s chat privileges have been removed. Hopefully this stops the bad behavior. If it continues let me know please.

Moving forward, this may just mean Antrica will come back with a new username. If that happens, let me know and I can start escalating this to IP bans and IP range bans that start affecting their VPN IP ranges.

mesecraft
    Keymaster

I was correct already Antrica2 showed up. So Antrica and Antrica2 are both banned accounts/IP’s now.
    If this continues let me know.

jaywolf
    Participant

Hi. I’m new and am not a bot. I received a message shortly after registration that someone tagged me asking if I was a bot. I’m very much human.🐸

mesecraft
    Keymaster

OK noted. Just making sure. Thank you. Sorry for the confusion that post caused.

jaywolf
    Participant

No worries at all. Looking forward to learning more about Mesecraft as I play more.

carzomg
    Participant

maggotbeggar sent a friend request but I don’t see a valid member profile, could this be another troll trick?

mesecraft
    Keymaster

An account was made here with that name, but given the rudeness and harassment that player has been treating us with, even after them being given a second chance and repeating the behavior, I decided to mark it as spam.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.