What I love about Mesecraft

Home Forums MeseCraft Discussion General What I love about Mesecraft

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kiopy7
    Participant

The Prefect Experience

Across my two years and a half years of playing online minetest, I have come across many servers who claim they can offer the “Prefect Survival Experience.” However, when I log on, I come across a server that is partially in flames and the overworld mobs are way to OP and look like they came out of a really bad first-person shooter. Then you die in about 60 seconds, or if you are lucky, 3 minutes. But that is diffidently not the prefect survival experience everyone expects. Then there are others, where, when you log on, it nothing but a high-tech city that looks cool but then you realize you’ll have to walk 12,000 blocks to just find a simple unprotected tree, but by that time you would have already starved yourself to death. However a year and ten months ago, when I joined Mesecraft (Which back then was called Sara’s Simple Survival Server) I ultimately decided that I had finally found the Prefect Survival Experience, as there was mods that worked well together and didn’t have super high-tech or OP machines, Towns that were large enough to get lost in, but not large enough that every space was protected, excitement, and really great mobs with really great models.

The Community

The next that I think is one of the best things about Mesecraft, is it’s community. Usually, whenever you want to play your favorite server, you can’t because it has reached it max player capacity, so you have to wait a good 30-40 mins until someone gets bored and leaves. However, on Mesecraft, it doesn’t have that. It may seem pretty pathetic to most people that a really great server can’t get at least 15 people playing at once, but what makes Mesecraft so great is because it has a small community. And so every knows eachother, or at least can recognize your user name. So, everyone is usually ok with sharing the location of their base in public chat, or they are OK with just building a road for some random dude.

The Excitement

Mesecraft has lot’s of ways of excitement, whether it’s a corporate war, a bacon war, or just a straight up war, as Mesecraft has had a past of attracting some players who like to be just a little bit chaotic or destructive. Whether it is Extrem, the god of death, Tiago and Wn3Kc, the seemingly innocent but annoying and destructive Spanish kids that no-one understood but ended up causing the Server-Wide War 2 ( With Extrem causing the first one), or BBR and BBG, the almost silent but manipulative con-men who would scam anyone who would fall for their tricks, there has never seemed an end to the excitement and short-time (Or long-time) villains. There were also some storylines, lore, and other things that made Mesecraft great. Sometimes the OG players themselves turned evil for a short, such as Giorge with his gang of theives, *ahem* Me with my corruption of the entire Ultirian Force, and MisterE with his short time as a con-man.

komodo
    Participant

Re: The Prefect Experience

Then there are others, where, when you log on, it nothing but a high-tech city that looks cool but then you realize you’ll have to walk 12,000 blocks to just find a simple unprotected tree, but by that time you would have already starved yourself to death.

I always disliked that too. Worst part of a lot of servers. To a new player its a huge turn off. That’s part of why I always liked to place spawn near a small village. Player built cities are fine and very cool to explore. I want to plan a long term support map that would be around long enough for meaningul player cities to be made. Mobs, yeah they’re pretty good but could be better still. There are some promising developments being made in this area from other modders that could lead to better mobs pretty soon. ElCeejo is probably my favorite mobs maker. But I love the simplicity of mobs_redo too, new API’s are being made, but I need to assess them first. Thanks for the kind words about the game. That is essentially what the goal of mine was when I started Sara’s Simple Survival. I just wanted to make a game that I could play with family and friends and have it be a fun and balanced survival experience. Still on that journey, but it’s longer than I thought and more complex, but I think it is worth it.

The Community

Yes, we’ve been really lucky to have friendly and helpful people. I haven’t really had to get involved in moderation much. I personally want to foster a good community here too and like to empower players instead of empowering administration/moderation. I guess I still wish we had more players, but it would bring new problems too so I suppose right now, having a small and dedicated base of players is a great blessing. If there are any big problems though, feel free to contact me.

The Excitement

Yeah, part of giving people the freedom to play the game as they wish is what allows things like this to happen. I could just turn off PVP or ban people for griefing and pvp’ing but it would be a ridiculous way to approach the game. PvP’ing is part of player choice. It can be frustrating for new players sadly but I still tend to rely on players and empowering players to find a way for a solution. Technically PvP is not against the rules, it’s better to see people work to gether and cooperate, but its a survival server and its a game, so people should be allowed to play as they wish, its more fun that way.

carzomg
    Participant

Fun and friendly!

keihdra
    Participant

I’ve been playing for about a week now and absolutely love it. Thanks to Mineman and Kiopy7 for their help in setting up my house. Community has been great and the world has plenty of space to build and grow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.